Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Vacation has arrived....HELP!!!

As much as I loved summer vacation when I was a kid, I totally understand now why my mom would cringe everytime that phrase was mentioned. I have found myself doing the exact same thing when I think about what is going to happen from June to August...Heaven help us all!

The last day of school was yesterday. And, at that matter it was a half day, which meant school ended at 12:30.  The bus got here around 1:15 or so and, here comes the army of children...well maybe not an army but, there was one more kid then usual...my friend Carries little boy Ryan came home with them. As, the bus pulled away I got a little teary eyed just thinking it wouldn't be back til sometime in August, that would be when my sanity will return.  Well, that was it...school was out and, here I was thinking...why o why must it end? I adore my children but, seriously who am I kidding, its going to be 4 against 1...I am the odd man out...they are literally going to kill me. Sebastian has a smart mouth I would love to sew shut or atleast rip out his voice box...I was like him when I was a kid, my mom should have smacked me harder...LOL. By 4pm they were literally driving me batty...and it was only 3.5 hours since school had ended. We still have 2 months.  I found myself thinking...How am I going to survive?

When we were kids, things were cheaper, gas was cheaper, and we didn't seem to get as bored as easily as my kids do.  I know there are free movies at Theatres in St Charles and surrounding areas...the closest one is 25 miles one way from Warrenton, with as much as I will spend in gas to get there and back in my Durango that gets 18 mpg, I may as well pay for a movie out here. And, those of you from Warrenton know there isn't alot to do out here except push over a few cows.  So now what? There is a city pool we get free passes to since David works for the city...yes, we will utilize that quite a bit. But, that too does get boring after so much. Camp is too expensive when u are sending 3...so that wont work...hmmmmm. We will find things to do...this I promise...I just may have to sell my first born to pay for the gas...hmmmm...now thats an idea! LOL J/K :0)  All I can say is Thank Goodness for Tristan's naptime, this will be the time daily that Netflix will be on and the kids will have to relax and watch a movie...and, a time I might be able to sneak a nap in...hee hee hee.  I am hoping to get to take the kids to Lost Valley Lake at some point this summer...just a matter of when and, for how long? They love it up there and with as inexpensive as it is and, as close as we are...it is a "MUST" to keep my sanity! We also have baseball and, do I love to watch Sebastian play. But, that too will end at the beginning of July :0(  I will be keeping busy by teaching Aly how to tie her shoes and ride a bike. Potty training Tristan. And, playing ref for Ari and Sebastian who can't even stand to be in the same room together....grrrrrrrr  

I know I am going into this summer kicking and screaming...I do cherish the time I spend with my kids (I think I would enjoy them more with duct tape across their mouths)...because I know these days are numbered and, I will want them back when they grow up and start to have families of their own. But, for now a little pill by the name of Zoloft will be my BFF...and, maybe a drink or 2 or 3 or...well u get the idea. Look I have to have a sense of humor, otherwise I would have had to surrender to them along time ago...and, I am not ready to wave that white flag just yet.

Ok..for real this time, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids. And, cannot wait to see what journeys this summer has in store for us.  I hope everyone enjoys there summer and, u are able to keep your kids as busy as u can...those words "I'M BORED" come to early in the summer and, finding that one thing to keep their attention is something that is undescribable. Rather it be at the park, pool, zoo, camping, bowling or what ever it is...I hope u all enjoy this time with your kids.

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER EVERYONE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment